• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Migrating Warbler seen in Central Florida (1 Viewer)

lukerjedi

Today I confirmed two black and white warblers in my backyard. I have seen them in the Winter each year...but I am surprised to see one during the middle of our Summer. They are supposed to be migrating warblers, at least that is what all the research says. Anyone know if this is normal or is it as strange as I think it is?
Sorry no pictures, but I KNOW it was a black and white warbler. I saw it with binocs up very close for a long period of time.
Thanks!

Luke

Early migrant warblers begin to trickle through the peninsula by mid-July, including Black-and-white Warbler, Northern Parula, Louisiana Waterthrush, and Yellow-throated Warbler. Cool observation!

They've made it down to S. Florida - NW Broward county had a report of them last week, and I spotted a black and white at Wakodahatchee Wetlands on Sunday. More even than other types of warblers, the black-and-whites seem to be popping up early in several spots in Florida this summer.

Early Migrant Warblers

Thank you guys very much for your responses. I have a couple of comments on my observations.
My field guide has been consistent all up until this black and white warbler visit yesterday. (I'm in West Orlando). It shows northern parula and yellow-throated warbler here year round, and that has been true. But the guide shows the black and white as a winter visitor only. Hey, seeing is believing. It seems weird that this warbler would leave in March/April and return so soon in July. Seems like they'd stay year round too?
Always learning something new. Thanks again!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back