• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Product To Be Launched 4-Mar-2016 (1 Viewer)

With the INFINITY symbol so prominently in the word "soon"...do you guys/gals think that in any way portends a name or implies a technology, or direction the product is intended for? I'm not asking rhetorically-I really don't have a clue!

Hoping some of you smart people might have ideas!

I was also wondering about the significance of that graphic. It looks like the objective end of a binocular. The infinity sign represents distance. Maybe the new product will be a SLC replacement with new "landmark" coating technology to cut through distant smoke and haze.

I had just made a post with the current time in Nuremberg, where the IBA Show will be held...thinking it started TODAY. I just realized that I was thinking FEBRUARY 4th... duh! :eat:

I work nightshift-my days all run together... :-C

I would like to see another line of binocular maybe above the EL series with wide angle FOV and HT glass but i think is not gonna happen.

They already update the EL series with the fielpro models and a line of binoculars under CL series is not possible from swarovski.

Just because is too early, maybe for the EL third generation in 4 or 5 years......Lets see.

The video looks like something new for the hunting market...sadly.....maybe a new line of riflescopes.....no birds at all on that video.

SLC series are also new on market, who nows.

Only if Zeiss is selling a lot....Really a LOT of SF binoculars maybe there is a chance for a wide angle binocular.

After one year i sold my SF because for me was not at the same level, optics and finish as my 10x42 SV.

The only thing green on my swarovski is the nice rubber armour not the view, i hate the green color tint or cast on my SF.....but some people dint notice it, mine was an early model.

Only if Zeiss is selling a lot....Really a LOT of SF binoculars maybe there is a chance for a wide angle binocular.

After one year i sold my SF because for me was not at the same level, optics and finish as my 10x42 SV.

The only thing green on my swarovski is the nice rubber armour not the view, i hate the green color tint or cast on my SF.....but some people dint notice it, mine was an early model.

I like your thinking, Globetrotter - and having just field-tested the current 10x42 versions (Swaro EL v Zeiss SF), I'm sorry to report that nothing much has changed...

Last edited:
I like your thinking, Globetrotter - and having just field-tested the current 10x42 versions (Swaro EL v Zeiss SF), I'm sorry to report that nothing much has changed...

On the other hand, from someone who has actually measured the light transmission of SF:
"No I do not see a color cast in the 8x42 SF and that is also not expected to occur, since the transmission spectrum from 500-600 nm is almost as flat as a pancake".
Gijs​

Lee

On the other hand, from someone who has actually measured the light transmission of SF:
"No I do not see a color cast in the 8x42 SF and that is also not expected to occur, since the transmission spectrum from 500-600 nm is almost as flat as a pancake".
Gijs​

Lee

I did point out in my review that the SFs' image had imo the brightest image and most 'natural' colour i.e. most marginal colour-bias (among Zeiss, Leica and Swaro). However, like Globetrotter I noticed that the Zeiss model picked up greens (and blues) particularly well - compared to the others.

Last edited:
I did point out in my review that the SFs' image had imo the brightest image and most 'natural' colour i.e. most marginal colour-bias (among Zeiss, Leica and Swaro). However, like Globetrotter I noticed that the Zeiss model picked up greens (and blues) particularly well - compared to the others.

I do a lot of Otter stalking in Western Scotland where they spend most of their time in the sea. In particular they often forage amongst so-called 'brown seaweeds' which actually vary in colour from bright orange to dark brown. With their dark brown fur Otters can be difficult to spot, semi-submerged among brown seaweeds but I find SF (and HT) does a fantastic job of separating out the different brown tones.

Lee

I heard from an insider at Swarovski that they are coming out with a lower tier line of binoculars to compete with the Zeiss SF's. Just kidding! I wanted to see if Troubador was awake in Sheffield. LOL.

Last edited:
I heard from an insider at Swarovski that they are coming out with a lower tier line of binoculars to compete with the Zeiss SF's. Just kidding! I wanted to see if Troubador was awake in Sheffield. LOL.

LOL, Yay Dennis: nice one! :-O

Yep, I am still awake in Sheffield although the noise and stress from having our bathroom makeover has almost driven thoughts of binoculars out of my head.

If Swaro was ever to launch a third tier there would only be one winner and thats us: the folks who buy this stuff.

Meanwhile I've heard that Swaro's devastating response to the SF is a new way of attaching a strap to an EL, but I don't believe this. Surely no self-respecting optics alpha would think this is an adequate response? So I can't believe this would ever happen..... :-O

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back