• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Damselfly/dragonfly ID (1 Viewer)

kevtubb

Can anyone identify the following damselfly/dragonfly. I took at Warren Heath, Hampshire earlier this month.

Apologies for the terrible photograph

Attachments

• shrunk.jpg
    shrunk.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 113
Can anyone identify the following damselfly/dragonfly. I took at Warren Heath, Hampshire earlier this month.

Apologies for the terrible photograph

Another old 'dragonfly' post that I couldn't resist opening - I can see why Emerald Damselfly has been suggested, especially as the wings are partialy spread in this 'terrible photograph'.

It is a female damselfly, and one of the species which would typically be a metallic green colour. It's not an Emerald Damselfly though.

From this photograph I don't think anyone could identify the species, but the very densely veined wings identify this as one of the Demoiselles (if I had to go for a species I would choose Banded Demoiselle because, in my experience, these tend to be more likely to have clear wings than Beautiful Demoiselle - then again a heathland habitat in Hampshire may well harbour a population of Beautiful Dem's...).

Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back