• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK butterflies 2014 (1 Viewer)

I was talking to a chap yesterday afternoon at Druridge Bay Pools and he said he'd had a Clouded Yellow fly past him as he was photographing some Ringlets :eek!:

Purple Emperors at Bricket Wood today plusSilver-washed Frits, some White Admirals, few Marbled Whites and Gatekeeper, Purple Hairsteak and a few red Admirals.

Going to Dorset in a couple of weeks just wondering if anyone could point me in the wrong direction of a good area for Graylings down there

many thanks

Purple Emperors at Bricket Wood today plusSilver-washed Frits, some White Admirals, few Marbled Whites and Gatekeeper, Purple Hairsteak and a few red Admirals.

Going to Dorset in a couple of weeks just wondering if anyone could point me in the wrong direction of a good area for Graylings down there

many thanks

Your best bet is to keep an eye on this site....

www.dorsetbutterflies.com/sightings/sightings_recent.html

Does anyone have any top tips for looking for Brown Hairstreak at the West Williamson reserve in Pembs? We're off to Pembs for a family holiday and thought we would try this site. Thanks!

This Holly Blue, Painted Lady, Common Blues, Gatekeepers, Meadow Browns, various Whites at Riverside CP, Rainham, Kent today.

Attachments

• xxx.jpg
    xxx.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 65
Clouded Yellows coming in? - 3 now moving through at Pendennis Point, Falmouth (Cornwall) this am. Common Blue and Wall there too.

Clouded Yellow at Ballard Down, Dorset this am. Also a Silver Washed Fritillary. About 6 Lulworth Skippers there yesterday am plus a Wall and a few Dark Green Frits.

lulworth skips

Any Lulworth skippers still about? I know they should be but the weather has changed so quickly. It woulbbe my 52nd species this year, so keen to see one. Heading to Durlsto and Ballard Down Saturday.

My first helice clouded yellow at Keyhaven the other day. Reminded me of an odd tattered Glanville fritillary when it flew past, except for flight style.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back