• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

November Butterflies. (1 Viewer)

Red admiral, peacock and brimstone at Langford Lakes yesterday.
Plenty of active chrysalises in the hide, some sort of vanessid but I haven't researched what kind yet -- presume small tortoiseshell or red admiral.

A Red Admiral, 12+ Painted Ladies, 2 Long-tailed Blues and lots of Clouded Yellows (including f.helice) last week on Sao Miguel, Azores

Had a Red Admiral a couple of days ago in West London, actively flying around. I was more surprised today to see a fairly fresh Painted Lady on some tarmac basking, Only my third in the UK this year + certainly my latest ever sighting in the country.

Last week I was in the Canaries + was the only common species (13 species recorded), especially on Fuerteventura.

Red Admiral just flew past my bedroom window (Falmouth). Also had another land on my head yesterday whilst seawatching from Pendennis Point and a pair of Speckled Woods mating. Seems either rather late or very early for this!

Also had a dream last night involving a flyby Small Copper, not sure if that counts 8-P

Attachments

• November 2014 (6).jpg
    November 2014 (6).jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 55
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back