• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (1 Viewer)

I don't know whereabouts you live in Coventry but there have been two Little Egrets between Stoke Floods and Tesco's on the Clifford Bridge Road along the River Sowe. They have been there since before June 2015 when I started walking my dog on that walk.

I suspect they possibly roost up in Coombe Abbey as I have had them over my garden a few times and I live near the Clifford Bridge Road / Brinklow Road junction.

Hi All,
Just had to tell someone i have noticed a Little Egret on my patch which is only a five minute walk from the center of Coventry it has been there for over a week and seems to be OK if it notices you it takes off and flies a little further up the river.

I don't know whereabouts you live in Coventry but there have been two Little Egrets between Stoke Floods and Tesco's on the Clifford Bridge Road along the River Sowe. They have been there since before June 2015 when I started walking my dog on that walk.

I suspect they possibly roost up in Coombe Abbey as I have had them over my garden a few times and I live near the Clifford Bridge Road / Brinklow Road junction.

I live just off Windsor Street (Spon End area) and the egret was in the River sherbourne just behind The BP garage on the Butts road. on the last time i saw it i was lucky enough to catch a Kingfisher perched up nearby .

Short-eared Owl near The Pleasance Farm, Kenilworth this morning between 1130 & 1200. Also 2 Brambling with a mixed Tit/Finch flock near the car park of Kenilworth Castle.

Cattle Egret in Bodymoor Heath early this afternoon, in field with cows (naturally) north of Bodymoor Heath Road, just west of the canal.

Attachments

• P1030777 (2).JPG
    P1030777 (2).JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 69
Great white egret at Compton Verney yesterday . Viewable from the road.

Nice, my old patch, only the second record!

Tim Marlow has located a White stork (what a garden tick!) at Grandborough this evening, after it was seen earlier in the day near to Weston/Bubbenhall. No rings apparently.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back