• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Patchwork challenge 2016 (1 Viewer)

Retrodaz

Anyone doing this?
I've been inspired by a fellow blogger and it sounds quite fun.
I'm trying to decide on my patch.
I like the idea of long ham lakes and parts of hengistbury head, but am u sure if you can have two separate patches. Also, I'm unsure how to plan out my patch in terms of Kilometers.

Anyone doing this?
I've been inspired by a fellow blogger and it sounds quite fun.
I'm trying to decide on my patch.
I like the idea of long ham lakes and parts of hengistbury head, but am u sure if you can have two separate patches. Also, I'm unsure how to plan out my patch in terms of Kilometers.

Hi Darran,
You can have two separate patches, I have have set up Longham Lakes and Lytcehtt Fields. I think I have to much water in the Longham patch as I can look over the lakes from the paths so might go back and re configure or at least try. Have ago you never know what you might see.
Martin

I'm doing a patch based upon my daily dog walks - centred around my home, extends into Ringwood Forest one way and Potterne Wood the other way. At least I can keep "patching" by looking out of the window when it's raining!

I'm trying two patches, but think I'll only be able to realistically manage one.
Main one will be Longham Lakes and surrounding fields.
Second is Hengistbury Head, walking the path from the back of the visitor's centre to the first beach huts.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back