• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Not the greatest shot... (1 Viewer)

Draco

but, considering that this one year old Bald Eagle was on a tree branch in MY backyard and was at least 150 feet away, I'm happy with the photo. I shot through double pane glass with an SLR held by hand to a spotting scope. Got rid of the vignetting with Photoshop, but that was all of the editing done. The Eagle roosted for one night. I was thrilled being a raptor lover and living within 15 miles of the Capitol of the State of Michigan.

Mark

Attachments

• eagle3.jpg
    eagle3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 403
It's really exciting when you see a Bald Eagle isn't it?!
We see a few in our neighborhood in Northeast Florida. They
are so awe inspiring. Lucky you Draco!

Nice eagle,very beautiful!

Last edited:
There are many ways to enhance pictures like this. Lightroom presets can be an alternative to manual photo editing and colour correction to reduce the time you spend on it or to create a consistent visual style of images. Once I do get to editing my bird photos I tend to use http://fixthephoto.com/free-lightroom-presets and many other different presets. A Lightroom preset is the predetermined position of all or some sliders in the Lightroom photo editing panel. Quite a useful one, not gonna lie.

Last edited:
Being this picture captured and uploaded in 2003, is a great shot no doubt.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ITCurves

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back