Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Svalbard June 2019

Old Wednesday 23rd January 2019, 17:07   #1
Paul Collins

Svalbard June 2019

Hi, this June I'm looking for people to join me on the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard this summer. I have a small group of birdwatchers and nature-lovers, photographers, filmmakers and artists coming, so whatever your interest there is opportunity to fulfil it!

I'm going from 1st June to 13th June so you'd be welcome for any amount of time within that period.

Full details on my website, and message through the link if you're interested

http://www.paulalistaircollins.co.uk...ctic-adventure

**Please note this is not a workshop but a private non-commercial holiday I am organising.

This is an amazing chance to see animals such as Blue and Beluga Whales, Walrus, Arctic Foxes, Reindeer, seabird colonies and maybe even Polar Bears in the stunning setting of the Norwegian fjords. Staying in a traditional timber lodge, with exploration of the local region’s wildlife and culture, this trip is much more affordable than other Arctic trips as we'll be staying put in Longyearbyen with day trips to glaciers and smaller islands.

Birds we saw last year included:
King Eider, Steller's Eider (very rare), Common Eider, Long-Tailed Duck, Pink-Footed Goose, American Snow Goose (very rare), Svalbard Ptarmigan, Red-Throated Diver, Grey Phalarope, Red-Necked Phalarope, Little Auk, Brunnich's Guillemot, Black Guillemot, Common Guillemot, Puffin, Arctic Skua, Glaucous Gull, Kittiwake, Purple Sandpiper, "Blue" Fulmar, Snow Bunting.
Plus locally rare shorebirds like Golden Plover and Dunlin, and a small chance of rare gulls (Sabine's, Ross's, Ivory).
Old Sunday 27th January 2019, 21:27   #2
Arbu

Can't do it, but I like the idea. I'll keep an eye on your website for future trips.
Old Tuesday 29th January 2019, 07:46   #3
kittykat23uk

I've sent an enquiry via your site. I'd like to know more.

Cheers

Jo Dale
Old Friday 1st February 2019, 13:26   #4
Paul Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbu View Post
Can't do it, but I like the idea. I'll keep an eye on your website for future trips.
Hi Arbu, would you like to be added to my monthly newsletter? I have details on upcoming trips and workshops that I do, and other photography-related posts.
Old Today, 10:00   #5
Grando

Could you give an indication of price - I'd like to have an idea before deciding whether it's worth contacting you, and your website doesn't give this information.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: