• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ZR Raptor universal Digiscoping adapter (1 Viewer)

Tedster

anyone ever use one of these for using a digital camera on a pair bins to take pics,i was wondering how good it will work with the 8x43 ed3 any input would be helpfull

Ted

Isn't this meant to be used with a scope rather than a binocular? You could check the digiscoping forum above.

Bob

Tedster,

I used one of these for digibinning quiet some time ago, but I did not really like hanging all the weight on the binocular eyepiece. I still use it when digibinning though since I have yet to find anything better.

Most of the time I use it with a 10x Barska as a camera/booster combination for bench tests and have replaced the tripod with a 4x3 inch optics base plate.

See attached pictures. Two different camera zooms, handheld, about 130 meters. Sorry, don't have any decent shots on this computer.

Attachments

• P2030004.jpg
    P2030004.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 183
  • P2030005.jpg
    P2030005.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 168
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 188
  • PC030021.jpg
    PC030021.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
anyone ever use one of these for using a digital camera on a pair bins to take pics,i was wondering how good it will work with the 8x43 ed3 any input would be helpfull

Ted

Isn't this meant to be used with a scope rather than a binocular? You could check the digiscoping forum above.

Bob

i think it is for a scope thats what the ZR site said i talked to Charles about it he said it would work fine looks plenty adjustable with the slide looks better then some i have seen

Tedster,

I used one of these for digibinning quiet some time ago, but I did not really like hanging all the weight on the binocular eyepiece. I still use it when digibinning though since I have yet to find anything better.

Most of the time I use it with a 10x Barska as a camera/booster combination for bench tests and have replaced the tripod with a 4x3 inch optics base plate.

See attached pictures. Two different camera zooms, handheld, about 130 meters. Sorry, don't have any decent shots on this computer.

Ron
thanks for the tip my camera is not that big we used a 3x kodak and put it on zoom so the lens extended the lens fit perfectly in to the end of the spotting scope and we had some good pics i will check out some other avenues but this looks pretty descent

Thanks Ted

Ted,

Try to mount the binoculars to the tripod through the tripod adapter. Then, attach the Raptor digiscoping adapter on one of the eyepiece. It will reduce the stress applied onto the eyepiece.

Charles

Ted,

Try to mount the binoculars to the tripod through the tripod adapter. Then, attach the Raptor digiscoping adapter on one of the eyepiece. It will reduce the stress applied onto the eyepiece.

Charles

Charles
my package will be here today thanks for the fast ship,i will let you know how it works

Thanks
Ted

Ted,

Charles

Charles
my package will be here today thanks for the fast ship,i will let you know how it works

Thanks
Ted

got it today tried everything it worked great,the rear tripod mount was a great idea gives everything a good balance with the digiscope adapter and camera on it i sure like these bins we need it to dry up here for me to get a good look thru them,
Thanks for the fast shipping Charles i was shocked when the tracking on them said delivery today,
good Customer Service :t: as Always

Thanks Charles

Ted

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back