• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wildlife in graphite (3 Viewers)

after a brief interlude i'm back and looking forward to catching up with all the fabulous art on here.ive got several exhibitions all coming up next month and so in between panic attacks ive been organising all the necessary kit and getting framing etc up to date.despite all this ive managed to keep my hand in and this is my latest effort entitled Turnstones-Hillhead Harbour 8"x16"

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 67
beautiful turns, love the chain.....and I'd say you have what I call "high quality problems" ( gallery shows sales etc) may they continue!

clive, you get better all the time, fantastic...mark.

thanks very much mark,i'm learning a lot about observation from others work here and getting out more which i think all helps to make the work a little more 'rounded'.looking at the fine artworks on here provides me with constant inspiration and reminds me of the need to improve.
colleen thankyou for the kind words,sometimes the addition of interesting man made objects can really add to the piece especially when using graphite to portray all the lovely textures.in this instance hillhead harbour is at the entrance to my fave birding spot and if the tide is low the turnstones can always be found scurrying around the beached boats anchor chains.dont know if they are always fearless little birds but they very rarely take flight allowing me to view them from very close range.

A corker. I'm a total sucker for chains, (Oooherr!), especially rusty ones so this is yet another of your works that ticks all the right boxes for me.

Mike

blimey things move on a pace here! thought i'd lost the thread(nothing new there then).still desperately trying to get enough work together for the upcoming august exhibitions....why do they always occur simultaneously?,anyway my latest image imaginatively titled 'Egret Pool II' is already winging its way to the framers to be ready in time for the Best of Hampshire artists show in romsey.i freely admit it is very similar to a previous image of mine with a similar name but i wanted to re-visit the image with a little more contrast and in fairness was badly in need of one more image for the show without the luxury of much time available.i moved the egret a little closer to the mudbank and added a bit more mud,i also tried picking out more highlights on the wet mud

Attachments

• 001 (Small).JPG
    001 (Small).JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 64
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back