• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which software do photographic agencies use? (1 Viewer)

Touty

I'm considering setting up a small natural history photographic agency with some friends. I've notice that most of the photographic agency websites, whilst having a variety of looks, are all more or less the same and are evidently based upon the same server-based software (with search facility, lightbox, thumbnails etc.). Anyone know what the software is?

Thx.

The sites you have visited probably all use the same "webhost" and use the hosts own software package for creating their websites, quite often this is a lot easier than using third party software such as Dreamweaver or even programing your own website with HTML.

Have a closer look at the websites in question, some of them may contain information regarding the webhost or even the software used to create the website, take my wifes website as an example, look at the very small print at the bottom of the page;

http://www.jackiechapman.co.uk/

As far as I can see they'll be using their own bespoke server-based scripts - written in php, asp or whatever - to generate the website code.

There are a quite a few free php scripts you could use that have the same functionality though.

This one springs to mind immediately - www.4homepages.de - but there are loads more.

Touty said:
I'm considering setting up a small natural history photographic agency with some friends. I've notice that most of the photographic agency websites, whilst having a variety of looks, are all more or less the same and are evidently based upon the same server-based software (with search facility, lightbox, thumbnails etc.). Anyone know what the software is?

Thx.

Hello Touty,
sent PM
Cheers,
Max

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back