• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unable to delete picture from folders? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
Been taking a few pictures today, nothing really worth keeping so decided to delete them, however I'm having trouble shifting one particular image (unsure what it was because it only showed in my folders as a symbol!!) Tried deleting the whole folder but keep getting the same pop up...

''Cannot delete file(******) Access denied

Make sure the disk is not full and that the file is not file protected''

Never had this come up before and unsure what to do, it's only one picture granted but trying to keep my keeper folders to a minimum!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Matt

Windows thinks the file is in use. It is usually because the viewer/editor you were using didn't shut down properly. Try reopening the program you were using and shutting it down.

If that fails, restart the computer and then it should allow you to delete it.

Windows thinks the file is in use. It is usually because the viewer/editor you were using didn't shut down properly. Try reopening the program you were using and shutting it down.

If that fails, restart the computer and then it should allow you to delete it.

Thanks for the replyB :)

Just tried your sugestion but still can't shift it, will try shutting down and trying again in the morning!!

Matt

perhaps it has become a read only file-right click click on properties and untick read only hope this works Dougie

Just tried this, the archive box was ticked!!

The PC has been a bit iffy lately, will give it another go after I've logged off!!

Cheers

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back