• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sphingids from Laos (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Following on from John's Oleander exctasy, I thought I'd post a few bits from an old trip to Laos.

During a visit to what I think was called 'Pusi' Temple in Luang Prabang, I found a wall which is floodlit at night and it was plastered with some spectacular moths. I went back twice, just for the moths, here are some highlights but there were many others.

I've done my best to ID them with limited resources, please don't be shy with any corrections

Attachments

• Acosmeryx omissa.jpg
    Acosmeryx omissa.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Agrius convolvuli.jpg
    Agrius convolvuli.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Teretra latreillii lucasii.jpg
    Teretra latreillii lucasii.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Theretra nessus.jpg
    Theretra nessus.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Pergesa acteus.jpg
    Pergesa acteus.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 23
Truly stupendous andy!...from my perspective definitely a whole “bunch of
”S-phingies?” :eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back