• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Should you tick "heard only" birds? (1 Viewer)

As many have already said it is the whole package, especially where the voice is the iconic part of the bird. What is the point of a cuckoo if not to herald in the summer. It is not sight of one but hearing the first one of the year that everyone remembers

I always count heard-only birds, if I'm confident in the call or song. I agree about thrushes, they're my favorite singers, especially the Wood Thrush!

This thread started with a Song Thrush ringing out it's staccato "repetitive" notes not unpleasant to the erstwhile listener, how about finishing it with the Masters of fluted and "measured" delivery...to my ear at least....Blackbird and Mistle Thrush. :t:

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back