• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elements 14 Catalogue and External hard drive (1 Viewer)

Baron Birder

I am running Windows 7 and PSE 14. I am having a problem with my catalogue held on my external hard drive.

My catalogue shows as d:/ external catalogue when PSE 14 is open. When I plugged the external drive into the usb3 socket it always read as WD Passport (D) and PSE found the catalogue.

However today which ever usb socket I plug it into it reads as (F) and PSE says the files have moved.

I do have a second smaller wb passport which I use for backup and this now reads (D) which ever socket its in.

Can anyone help as I have spent hours and cant seem to make any progress.

Thanks

Baronbirder

So I have found out how to rename the external hard drive with the catalogue to (D) and PSE 14 now recognised it and the catalogue opens fine.
So the other external drive, which has the back ups on it, which was labelled (D) I renamed Z. I then tried an incremental back up using the last back up on drive now called Z BUT PSE said the file didn’t contain a back up of the current catalogue. But looking at it the backup.tly was clearly there.
So what next? Can this be resolved or do I have to start again with a full back up of over 2gb.
Any help appreciated
BB

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back