• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 60 EDIII vs. Nikon ED 50 (1 Viewer)

albatrosviajero

Hello,

Anyone have compared this two scopes, in quality optics and mechnics?
There is much difference in visual and digiscoping use?

in relation size/weight are very different?

Sincerely,
Paul

Hello,

Anyone have compared this two scopes, in quality optics and mechnics?
There is much difference in visual and digiscoping use?

in relation size/weight are very different?

Sincerely,
Paul

Hi Paul

I'm sure you will get lots of replies and opinions to this question. I have the ED III and really like it. It is clear, bright and sharp even in poor light. It is an excellent scope. When I was looking to buy a new scope I tried both the EDIII and the ED50, side by side, on a dull day and the ED III won hands down on clarity and brightness. BUT the ED III weighs about twice as much as the ED50. It really depends what you want. Maybe in Spain where the light is consistently better an ED50 would suit your needs better, it is certainly lighter and more portable.

I can't comment on the digiscoping qualities and potential of these two scopes. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Joanne

Hio Paul,

I agreed with Joanne the EDIII and ED50 both is sharp and bright in daylight but the EDIII wins while birding in dusk and dawn especially inside the rainforest.

Im using the ED82 for digiscoping and my next purchase would be the ED50 to complement my DSLR setup using big lens mostly for birds and other wildlife identification with hand strap because i wont be carrying the ED82 anymore.

If it is mainly for observing and digiscoping, EDIII would be nice to get :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back