• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nikon fieldscope series 1 bits and bobs please. (1 Viewer)

stuart C smith

swansong
hi , i am looking for a body cap / lens caps , eyepieces etc, for a series 1 fieldscope. in fact anything except a body [ unless its cheap ] !!! please p.m. me with what you have, price etc. kind regards stuart.

Last edited:
now looking for old style nikon f/s 30x eyepiece.

Hm, wasn't the 30x for the Fieldscope I an eyepiece with a *very* narrow field of view? It's a long time since I handled one, but as far as I remember the old fieldscope only accepted eyepieces that don't protrude into the scope body. There were the 20x semi-wideangle (quite a nice eyepiece, actually), a 30x, a 40x and a 60x, all of them with a narrow field of view.

None of the modern eyepieces fit, the only one that *may* fit is the 24x. But I'm not sure, I never tried that combination.

Hermann

Hm, wasn't the 30x for the Fieldscope I an eyepiece with a *very* narrow field of view? It's a long time since I handled one, but as far as I remember the old fieldscope only accepted eyepieces that don't protrude into the scope body. There were the 20x semi-wideangle (quite a nice eyepiece, actually), a 30x, a 40x and a 60x, all of them with a narrow field of view.

None of the modern eyepieces fit, the only one that *may* fit is the 24x. But I'm not sure, I never tried that combination.

Hermann

thanks for the info Hermann. thats kind. stuart.

The 24x will fit the Fieldscope I and makes a very nice combination. None of the other WF eyepieces or the zooms will fit for the reason Hermann mentioned. The 30x, 40x and 60x eyepieces that were made for the Fieldscope I were Orthoscopics with 42º apparent fields and short eye relief.

The 24x will fit the Fieldscope I and makes a very nice combination. None of the other WF eyepieces or the zooms will fit for the reason Hermann mentioned. The 30x, 40x and 60x eyepieces that were made for the Fieldscope I were Orthoscopics with 42º apparent fields and short eye relief.

thank you for the info, i may look for the 24x - is that the BDB90059 eyepiece.?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back