• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winged Eyecups (1 Viewer)

walternewton

There seem to be 2 types of winged eyecups available for the SLC 8x30 - PN 44002 ($17.00 each) and PN 44106 ($30.00 for a pair with matching rainguard) - what are the differences between the two?

Walter:
Both of these will fit the 8x30, the 44002 is the type that replaces the original eyecups
by screwing them out and replacing with the winged. 44002K is the kit which includes
the winged rainguard, and lists for $49.50.
44106 is the newer universal winged eyecovers which stretch and slip over the eyecup, and
they come with the winged rainguard, lists, and found for $30.00, and these fit both EL and
SLC.
They both work well.

Jerry

Jerry,

Any idea what the separate rainguard SKU number is which is part of the 44106 kit? Reason I ask is that I have the older screw on winged eyecups (643-0294 #44019) for my 7x42B SLCs and had been using the now long discontinued 363-479A rainguard which did fit the winged cups. Unfortunately the strap loops on the rainguard have torn. Hence my query as I need a replacement.

Attachments

• 27927102-177x150-0-0.jpg
    27927102-177x150-0-0.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 115
Bob:
I'm not sure on that. I would call SONA, service center, and see if they could help.
Who knows, they may just send one to you.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. Looked in my retained files and found e-mail addys for Alex and Dawn at Swaro USA CS. Fired off a query.... we'll see ;)

Addendum: well I got a reject on [email protected] so apparently she's no longer there. Hopefully my request for help works with Dawn Lorello :)

Last edited:
Yup. Swaro's exceptional CS comes through yet again. They're sending me the new kit gratis and have asked that I provide them with comparative feedback against the older screw on winged eyecups and discontinued 363-479A rainguard. They're interested in what customers think of the new kit. Of course I'm happy to oblige their request :)

The part number for the improved rainguard to fit winged eyecups that is part of the new "kit" is 663-952A. It is a MUCH better unit than the old discontinued 363-479A.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back