• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suggestions Please (1 Viewer)

FOsteology

Need suggestion/recommendation on what camera to use for digiscoping. What's the consensus on the Nikon Coolpix L20?

I have a Vortex Skyline ED and Leica Televid 62 Straight Rubber Armored Spotting Scope. I have the Vortex MK1 adapter for the Skyline, but not sure what adapter to use for the Leica.

Appreciate the assistance.

Need suggestion/recommendation on what camera to use for digiscoping. What's the consensus on the Nikon Coolpix L20?

I have a Vortex Skyline ED and Leica Televid 62 Straight Rubber Armored Spotting Scope. I have the Vortex MK1 adapter for the Skyline, but not sure what adapter to use for the Leica.

Appreciate the assistance.
Regarding the camera. Not seen it, but 3x optical is O.K. Shutter cycle time is slow. http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/nikon-coolpix-l20.cfm
Would have to hand hold as no lens thead.
Would have to use an adapter that clamps to eyepiece on to tripod adapter on camera. http://www.digiscoped.com/Adapters.html

The reason you have had no other responses is your thread title".
Better would have been " Opinions on Nikon L20 for digiscoping".

Last edited:
If a camera has been available for a while chances are someone on birdforum has tried it and posted results. To find the results go to the gallery page and below the images in the box to the right type in the camera. I did this for the coolpix l20 and did not get any results.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back