• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ireland- Cork/Kerry ( Easy Sites ) (1 Viewer)

ricochet

We are going on a family holiday with friends shortly.

Kerry- Cromane nr Killorglin
Cork- Glandore ( W of Cork City )

Me & the other guy might be able to sneak off for a day for a bit of birding ,

( I know there's not to much about this time of year )

any suggestions incl specific locations / map references would be welcome , we hope to have some Irish OS maps .

PS Did a boat trip to The Skelligs some years ago ----- Little Skellig sharp high rock small boat wallowing engine off gannets gannets gannets very atmospheric .

And all those steps up Skellig Michael !!!

Hi Ricochet,

I hope this advise is not too late.
You are possibly in Ireland at the moment.
From Killorglin there are two good spots within an hours drive of you that might be worth visiting.
The first is Dingle, Ballyferriter, and Smerwick Harbour.
All these areas have turned up yanks and are generally a nice family day out with some birding enroute.
The other option is Dursey Island travelling down trough scenic Kenmare and the Beara peninsula.
Another close option would be the Black Rock Strand and Carrahane Strand outside Tralee, near Ballyheigue and Barrow Bay near Fenit. These would be the closest to you and offeer good waders sites.
Last year a Forsters Tern was in Barrow along with Common Crane, Black Duck and American waders.

I hope these are of help.

Regards,

Murf.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back