• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opinion needed |:d| (1 Viewer)

Cristian Mihai

Cristian Mihai
Hi everybody,

I want to upload in the galley a picture with a Little Egret with a fish in its beak. I have two versions and I'm not able to decide which one is better for the gallery. So, I would like to ask you to decide about this issue ;)
Thank you for help.

Attachments

• P4035974m.jpg
    P4035974m.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 116
  • P4035976m.jpg
    P4035976m.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 113
Oh gosh... I see your dilemma Cristian. Two absolute crackers.

Personally my vote goes to ...76m.

I think the branch behind the bird draws the eye to a distraction. In the second photo the branch is further removed from where the centre of attention should be - on the fish - which is why I'd go for that one as well.

Andrea

I'd go for the first one--74m. You can see the tail of the fish and it's structure; in the second all you see is a curled blob in the beak.

Hi Cristian, I'd go for the first photo, as the position of the fish and the detail it shows is clearer than in the second photo. Both photos are excellent, beautifully sharp. Well done.

I can't deny the fish looks better in photo 1.
However, the photo is about the bird, and I find the bright birds eye in photo 2 superior to photo 1. For me, there's more life in the eye of bird 2.

Both good!

Best,
Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back