• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Florida - April (1 Viewer)

Great report Mark. I guess Florida is the perfect place for plastic Connoisseur such as yourself. Did you keep an eye out for the infamous Burmese Pythons that inhabit the Everglades? Several US friends of mine told me they are pretty easy to see these days.

On my last visit to Florida I saw some Rhesus Monkeys in the Ocala National Forest. Apparently there is quite a good sized population, especially around Silver Springs.

Great report Mark. I guess Florida is the perfect place for plastic Connoisseur such as yourself. Did you keep an eye out for the infamous Burmese Pythons that inhabit the Everglades? Several US friends of mine told me they are pretty easy to see these days.

On my last visit to Florida I saw some Rhesus Monkeys in the Ocala National Forest. Apparently there is quite a good sized population, especially around Silver Springs.

We had no luck with the pytons, and did not get up as far as Ocala, maybe next time

Mark

Cracking trip Mark, you hit the warblers and other migrants far better than we did. Your Key Deer brought back memories of having to push one out of the way by hand so we could get our cameras out of the trunk and photograph it!

John

Cracking trip Mark, you hit the warblers and other migrants far better than we did. Your Key Deer brought back memories of having to push one out of the way by hand so we could get our cameras out of the trunk and photograph it!

John

I would like to say it was my skill but it was just luck being in the right place at the right time.

We certainly had a good time and Florida is a great place for all wildlife viewing.

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back