• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2011 List Going? (1 Viewer)

It looks like I may have a chance to see more new year birds next month. At the end of August I'm getting a day of birding in Rocky Mountain National Park followed by a day or two in/around Missoula. I'm particularly excited about the latter as I've never been up to Montana before and so I may even see some lifers.

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Finally, some bird activity. It has been since June 21 that I've seen a new bird in Indiana. "Fall" shorebird migration is starting and I saw nine species, including one new bird for the year, so my Year List is up to 504.

504. Stilt Sandpiper

Dave

Not much bird activity around here at all, due mainly to the time of the year and the fact that it's been unbearably hot and humid over the last two weeks. However, today I added Little Blue Heron to my ABA Area and Indiana year lists, and Snowy Egret to my Indiana year list. I'm up to 252 for the ABA Area and 230 for Indiana.

Dave

Hurried over to a locl site yesterday in hopes of seeing a reported Least Grebe (very uncommon here) reported there. No sign of it.

Surprisingly, I haven't yet seen a Mississippi or Swallow-tailed Kite. Perhaps I haven't been looking up enough when I've been outside!

Jeff

This past weekend I went to Hatteras, North Carolina for a pelagic trip out into the waters of the Gulf Stream. I picked up nine new birds for the year, including a lifer (in bold), so my Year List is now up to 513.

505. Great Black-backed Gull
506. Cory's Shearwater
507. Audubon's Shearwater
508. Great Shearwater
509. Wilson's Storm Petrel
510. Black-capped Petrel
511. White-tailed Tropicbird
512. Parasitic Jaeger
513. Yellow-crowned Night Heron

In addition to the birds listed above, I added Brown Pelican, American Oystercatcher, and Common Tern to my ABA Area year list, which is at 264.

Dave

Last edited:
This past weekend I went to Hatteras, North Carolina for a pelagic trip out into the waters of the Gulf Stream. I picked up nine new birds for the year, including a lifer (in bold), so my Year List is now up to 513.

505. Great Black-backed Gull
506. Cory's Shearwater
507. Audubon's Shearwater
508. Great Shearwater
509. Wilson's Storm Petrel
510. Black-capped Petrel
511. White-tailed Tropicbird
512. Parasitic Jaeger
513. Yellow-crowned Night Heron

In addition to the birds listed above, I added Brown Pelican, American Oystercatcher, and Common Tern to my ABA Area year list, which is at 264.

Dave

Great stuff, Dave!
I keep meaning to do some pelagic trips. Haven't done any since a couple off Maui, San Francisco and Monterey in the late 90s.
Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back