• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron HR 60? (1 Viewer)

slingworks

I happened across an Opticron HR60 at a local shop yesterday.

It's an Opticron "HR60" Straight through with a green rubber armor. Had a zoom eyepiece that I believe was a 15-45x.

The seller is asking a fairly reasonable amount. Curious if these are a decent scope? It was marked Japan. I am guessing it's from the 90s? Does it sound about right? Overall it looked allot like the older metal body Opticron and "Wards' spotting scopes...Are they multicoated?

What eyepieces do these use? It made me think maybe the same thread in eyepiece as a Bushnell Spacemaster, etc?

I don't really need another common glass 60mm scope, but this one actually looks handy with the heavy rubber armor.

Thanks for the replies as I know little to nothing about Opticron!

Pete Gamby thanks for your reply. Surprisingly, I feel like I've discovered something new.

I was told that there are 2 different threads on the eyepieces, metric and English. Is there a way to tell them apart other than actually trying?

The seller knew that much, but sorry to say he didn't know what he actually has..

One needs a thread pitch gauge or an Opticron eyepiece of known thread to try.

Opticron eyepieces usually have a part number on them.
I wonder if this is sufficient to identify the thread type?

Ask the seller for the number on the eyepiece if there is one.

B.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back