• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need ID on this one,, ! (1 Viewer)

mart112

https://identify.whatbird.com/obj/822/overview/Bachmans_Warbler.aspx

Saw a similar bird about a week ago but there are differences ! We do not have birds with yellow breast here as part of the normal population other than the field larks ! This bird was brown on the back and the black extended to the bottom of the beak, darker on the head but not black ! Black extended across the eyes but no farther up on the head ! Throat patch was the same !
It was about the same size as a sparrow but more streamlined ! Not a fluffy round body ! The next day I saw what I assumed was the female,, same bird but no throat patch and slightly lighter yellow breast. The above pic is the closest I could find ! Yes I know these are supposed to be extinct or close to it ! But do they have a relative ? Saw him again today but only for a minute,, he didn`t stay long ! Anyone know what this bird might be ? Forgot to say I live in NE Texas, USA !

I don`t think that its an Orchard Oriole ! Color is not right nor is the size and beak shape. These birds had no white at all and the color above the underbelly/breast was a light to medium brown ! While about the same size height wise as sparrows the body shape was thinner ,,more streamlined ! Unless the orioles can change color,, it must be another one ! The male was eating corn with the locals here and I thought Orioles were insect eaters !

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back