• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brecon Beacons in June (1 Viewer)

Roger S.

Hi,
I'm going to Talybont-on-Usk at the end of June; only going for a week so any advice on good birding areas would be great. I've never been there before but I am looking forward to it. I did post this somewhere else and was told here was the best best place for advice.

Thank you.

Talybont is in Powys but alot of Gwent birders visit there from time to time. When i lived in wales i visited there a few times. It was sometimes rather quiet but i found this place to be good for Willow tit. particularly the opp. side to the road. Not really sure what else to look out for in june except for some raptors e.g Goshawk, kite maybe a peregrine overhead? theres will probably some things like Redstart around some of the farmland. if you find yourself a nice patch of woodland you might also get Pied Flycatcher and Wood Warbler.

Its also worth mentioning that i think there are nighjars in some of the forest clearings so this might be worth a look one evening.

Hope this helps

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back