• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starlings Everywhere (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
This is amazing few mins ago lots of Starlings were in my garden, from last week they sort of appeared and havn't moved on, not complaing I'm enjoying watching them screeching away sounding like Parrots. Ten Mins ago I managed to capture great shots on video.

This is amazing few mins ago lots of Starlings were in my garden, from last week they sort of appeared and havn't moved on, not complaing I'm enjoying watching them screeching away sounding like Parrots. Ten Mins ago I managed to capture great shots on video.

I have between 12 and about 20+ regular visitors throughout the year. Since a few days ago I have more than 40, including at least a dozen screeching fledglings. The fat feeder is emptied within a couple of hours, and I'm refilling the scraps feeder with 4 slices of wholemeal bread every 2 hours.

It's very hectic, very noisy, and very entertaining (and quite expensive). I especially like the noise as it drowns out next door's brats.|=)|

Put the video on your website. I have to say, yours is my absolute favourite BF website.

I think I had a flock of between 50-100 Starlings decend on my garden earlier this week. For me they were about 2-3 weeks late, than what they were last year when they decended on my garden en mass.

I have 2 parent starlings who regularly visit lately with their 2 hungry fledglings. It's hilarious - the babies are SO loud, and such beggars, and the mother is going crazy sticking food into the gaping beaks. These babies look bigger than the parent!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back