• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Fire Bug please??? (1 Viewer)

Paminfra

There are lots of red and black beetles around here but I've never seen one of these before so any help would be gratefully received, thanks.

Attachments

• Firebug.JPG
    Firebug.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 73
I think it's a Trichodes species. There are several rather hairy beetles with similar markings. There is a picture here. It's a French site but I find it quite useful.

Thanks very much for that and it being a French site is great because that's where the beetle and I live! That's certainly the one.:clap:

Last edited:
I think it's a Trichodes species. There are several rather hairy beetles with similar markings. There is a picture here. It's a French site but I find it quite useful.

Off topic but that is a very nice little site - and I've just identified (probably) Carpocoris mediterraneus which I've been wondering about for years! :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back