• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony RX 10 M4 vs Nikon P900 personal experiences of both? (1 Viewer)

wokka

Good afternoon,

I've been using the P900 for a few months now, and although I like the zoom a lot, the focus speed and small buffer are certainly a draw back. The quality of the images are fairly average in many circumstances too.

Does anyone have experience of both the RX 10 M4 and Nikon P900 they'd be willing to share? Do you miss the zoom or do you just get used to it, with the improvement in picture quality and focus speed speed a good trade off?

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

cheers

Pete

My family members have these, and I have others that are comparable. I think the big question to ask yourself is what percentage of your photos were taken toward the longer 2000mm effective focal length, and how you value those images compared to images taken at 600mm and below. When the lighting and contrast are good enough, the longer optical zoom can create images that can't be had with the one-inch sensor camera at 600mm.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back