• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Stonechat(s) occur in Hong Kong? (1 Viewer)

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
Which Stonechat(s) occur in Hong Kong, please? Saxicola maurus, S. stejnegeri, or both?

I'm trying to sort a bunch of photos at Wiki Commons.

Thanks!

Don't suppose you know offhand if the same applies to the Hanoi area in Vietnam, please?

Vietnam will be the same as Hong Kong, Stejneger's, according to HBW and eBird.
I checked after I saw the Hong Kong reply from Mike above, and it seems to have given me an extra life tick as I had the Hong Kong stonechats I saw way back when down as Siberian.
Thanks Mike!

Steve

Vietnam will be the same as Hong Kong, Stejneger's, according to HBW and eBird.
I checked after I saw the Hong Kong reply from Mike above, and it seems to have given me an extra life tick as I had the Hong Kong stonechats I saw way back when down as Siberian.
Thanks Mike!

Steve
Thanks! Surprised you can get it from ebird as I thought clements didn't accept stejnegeri as distinct from maurus?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back