• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moroccan Acacia ID, please #1 (1 Viewer)

IamFof

England
I was down in Marrakech, earlier this year. Although a bit too early in the year, I found a wealth of plants.
Among then were 2 acacias, that I have hit a wall with.:stuck:
I know they are not Acacias, as that genus now only has Australian/Asian spp., while the original African acacias have been renamed.
That didn't help me, though, but I am sure that there are gurus here who will go "Simple!! That is xxxxx". :'D:'D:
This one I first spotted on some open land (1st 3). The second, which I believe is the same spp, was in a cultivated area.
TIA
Fof

Edit: Should have pointed out the length of the pinnate leaves. Some were way over 0.5m long.

Attachments

• Acacia spp A  01a.jpg
    Acacia spp A 01a.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 11
  • Acacia spp A  02a.jpg
    Acacia spp A 02a.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Acacia spp A  03a.jpg
    Acacia spp A 03a.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Acacia spp A  04a.jpg
    Acacia spp A 04a.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Acacia spp A  05a.jpg
    Acacia spp A 05a.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
It has been suggested, on another forum, that this looks like a Parkinsonia.

I can't find a lot online re: Parkinsonia spp., but I am leaning towards P. aculeata, Mexican palo-verde.

Comments?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back