• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WOOHOOO ...Spring In Pennsylvania!! (1 Viewer)

crazybirdlady

always waiting and watching
Hello Everyone!!!
I am so happy to report that I saw a ROBIN in my yard yesterday!!!!! I soooo hope that means spring is here!! It was only 3 weeks ago we still had a foot of snow in the yard! But slow and steady...the temps got up to 50-60F this past weekend!!!! HEATWAVE!!!! I know some of you are laughing!!:) I have also noticed the increase in blackbirds...the cowbirds will invade my feeders soon and that is a SURE sign that spring is here!!!! Have a GREAT day birding!!!
---------
Bobbi

crazybirdlady said:
Hello Everyone!!!
I am so happy to report that I saw a ROBIN in my yard yesterday!!!!! I soooo hope that means spring is here!! It was only 3 weeks ago we still had a foot of snow in the yard! But slow and steady...the temps got up to 50-60F this past weekend!!!! HEATWAVE!!!! I know some of you are laughing!!:) I have also noticed the increase in blackbirds...the cowbirds will invade my feeders soon and that is a SURE sign that spring is here!!!! Have a GREAT day birding!!!
---------
Bobbi
Hi Bobbi,
Yup, sounds like spring to me! It's back to light winter here today, -3C, snowing and windy. Not too pleasant! I'm hopeful that this month the purple finches will show up. I won't get blackbirds or robins until at least next month. Spring doesn't show up to stay here until at least the end of March, sometimes mid-April. Don't know what this year will do.
Enjoy the birds ...... and the heatwave! :)

Hi Tammie
Sorry to hear that you have to wait that long:( I would not be doing so well if I had to do that....we will probably get a little snow yet but the major stuff is done!!! I have seen a few purple finches at the feeder the past few weeks!! Must be making their way to your house;)!! It rained here last night but has cleared out this morning and now is a little breezy! That is ok, we can handle that!! Hope you have a great day no matter what the weather!!!
Bobbi

I've seen a number of Robins this year, but I tend to see them sporadically throughout the winter, maybe once a week or so. I have been seeing them more and more as of late, though! I saw my first A. Woodcock of the year yesterday, too.

Bobbi--where in PA are you from? I am originally from an area between West Chester and Reading.

Hello,pleasesleep,
I am from Shippensburg, You may have heard of it because of Shippensburg University!! I live @3 miles from it! It is south central Pa. I have been to Reading shopping;) I live in a rural area not much here but a few neighbors and farms..a good place for birding!! I see that you live in a rather busy area!!:eek:) We do not see robins year round here! But tons of them in the spring!!!! And that is what we are waiting for!!:) Hope you have a Great day!!
Bobbi

As a matter of fact I do like coffee...In the winter that is what I live on!!HA HA It keeps me warm!! Not something I drink in the summer...I usually drink Iced tea!!
BTW....why do you ask??
Bobbi

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back