• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New world record set for most birds in one day (1 Viewer)

Maffong

I don't know if I've missed this info so far, or if really nobody on here noticed.
Almost exactly one year ago a group of LSU birdwatchers set out in Abra Patricia, Peru and tried to break the world record for most birds seen or heard in one day. They were successful and came home with 354 species in the pocket.

Soon after I heard, that in ecuador a team of locals wanted to try and break that record, today I noticed they had done so yesterday and noted a super incredible 425 species!

I know Dusan personally, he is a professional guide in Ecuador, but when I was there at age 16, without much knowledge and even less money he was so kind to show me around one day around Papallacta. I couldn't be happier that it was him and 3 others to break this record and in such an astonishing way.

Also I know a peruvian birder who is currently planning (with some friends) on trying to break the world record soon. I'm not sure though if he'd expected that the bar would be set so much higher before his try

Cheers Maffong

I've had the pleasure to bird with Dusan for several weeks over the years in Ecuador, and have met Tuomas on multiple ocassions as well, and I have to say that I couldn't be happier for them. They are both fantastic people who are very dedicated to the birds of Ecuador and are passionate about sharing their knowledge with others. I know Dusan has been planning this for some time, and it's great that he's finally pulled it off.

Congratulations!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back