• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Absolute disaster ! (1 Viewer)

JohnZ

Went to Pulborough today and it was, as the title suggests, not the best of days. I have been in noisier cemeteries ! Wandered around in near silence. Somebody was kind enough to point out "It`s that time of year mate".
When do the birds come out to play again ?
My camera then decided to adopt a mind of its own and gave me the complete gamut of focussing points which resulted in some very bizarre piccies indeed.
Anyway I still managed to get a couple of shots albeit fairly rubbish ones which I suspect may be juvenile birds of some description.
Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_5171 copy.jpg
    IMG_5171 copy.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_5174 copy.jpg
    IMG_5174 copy.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_5176 copy.jpg
    IMG_5176 copy.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 159
JohnZ said:
Went to Pulborough today and it was, as the title suggests, not the best of days. I have been in noisier cemeteries ! Wandered around in near silence. Somebody was kind enough to point out "It`s that time of year mate".
When do the birds come out to play again ?
My camera then decided to adopt a mind of its own and gave me the complete gamut of focussing points which resulted in some very bizarre piccies indeed.
Anyway I still managed to get a couple of shots albeit fairly rubbish ones which I suspect may be juvenile birds of some description.
Thank you for your help.

Linnets for me, keep plugging away something will turn up...

1 and 3 are linnets as said (3 is a male you even see the pinkish breast); face of 2 looks different and has a much more massive bill-so a Greenfinch juv. as said by Gerd already.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back