• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Northern Lights. (1 Viewer)

Wendy Morris

I seem to recall that some people missed Joanna Lumley's visit to northern Norway to see the Northern Lights when it was first transmitted. Those people may be glad to hear that there is a repeat on BBC2, Monday December 29th at 6.15pm. Others, like me, will be gald of the opportunity to see it again!

I seem to recall that some people missed Joanna Lumley's visit to northern Norway to see the Northern Lights when it was first transmitted. Those people may be glad to hear that there is a repeat on BBC2, Monday December 29th at 6.15pm. Others, like me, will be gald of the opportunity to see it again!

I'd certainly be more than happy to watch again. A fascinating and enjoyable programme that forced me to add the Northern Lights to my future trip list.

Hi Wendy,

Thanks from me too. I did see it first time but one that I'll watch again.

Something that I'd love to see for myself.

Bill

Thank you Wendy for drawing the program to our attention. :t:

Taken note in the Radio times with a Highlighter pen. Never saw it first time around.

Got a good write up too, and I am looking forward to seeing it now.

Cheers for the nudge, Wendy, I downloaded this in iplayer and forgot that there was a time limit so never saw it first time round. I'll make sure this time and record it properly.

I remember watching it first time around Wendy. A really excellent programme worth another viewing. I was lucky enough to see the Northern Lights in Scotland a few years ago. At first I wondered what the streaks of light were on the northern horizon, but as they drifted closer I realised. They were very low and when they reached me they had become like pockets of iridescent and twinkling fog, only a few yards above my head. I felt I could almost reach out and touch it. A strange sensation, something I'll never forget.

I saw it first time round and could almost feel Joanna's awe as they appeared. I shall definitely be watching the programme again.

There's a flight from our local airport in March to see the Aurora Borealis. I'd love to go on it but its a bit pricey for a 3 hour flight, especially if they don't oblige.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back