• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best deal you ever had? (1 Viewer)

Anytime Steve. The only Bin I plan on selling at the moment is a Nikon Action 7x35 for $25. I am only selling it to finance another inexpensive purchase.

Truth be told I forgot what I sold you. I remember the Earth and Sky 60 mm but can't recall anything else. Kevin, on the other hand, bought more of my high end stuff than I can remember...a Zeiss Fl 7x42, Diascope 65 with Baader Hyperion zoom, Meopta Meostar 8x32 and I am sure many more.

Frank the Leupold 6x30 Yosemite and Nikon 8x32SE [Brock has it now]. I traded a Nikon 8x32LX for another 8SE .

I did get a Doctor 15x60 for $600 last year(?). That's about the only deal thus far....
Unless you count a $1500 sub woofer for $0. Neither here nor there I just like to tell it! ;)

One day I picked up a like new Bushnell Rangemaster 7x35 made in the 1950s for $75.00 The case was also mint, Not many people on this web site claim they own one of these gems. Probably the best 7x35 wide angle ever made. Stunning view for single coated binocular. (525 feet with hugh sweet spot) One has to use these to appreciate how good the best Japanese optics were almost 60 years ago.

Early 2011 I sold my Swarovski 8x32 ELs (that I had for 8 years) for $70 less than I paid for them , turned around and bought a brand new pair of Zeiss Victory 8x42 FL T* for $1400 that I drool every time I look thru them.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I opened my new sealed box of Steiner Peregrine xp 8 x 44. Bought off Craigs list $535 delivered. Just mailed my warranty card!

I have had a few really good deals;
Leitz 10x40 & case, $15.
Zeiss 8x20 IF $12.50
Leica 8x32 BA & case+manual (new?) $60
Bushnell Rangemaster 7x35 $10 ( last year)
Leica 10x25 $35 inc. tax (a month ago)

Pentax ED 8x32 230-250$ not sure now...Amazon warehouse deals...there were several pairs,for a number of days at the same price..as Usual I was broke,but was able to snatch the last pair...bought a second pair off Ebay few weeks later for 300 and something...

My first (and only SO FAR) pair of Swarovskis. I bought them at a gun/outdoor store after playing with them. I wasn't even there to buy binocs-I just had heard of them and wanted to see if they were worth the money.

They were either the SLC or a forerunner of the SLC-I don't recall now...

This was in about 1992(?) and I paid a whopping $550 for them! :t:

I thought I had the most expensive binoculars on Earth! I ended up selling them when I was needing some cash. BOY how I wish I had them back!

Recently scored a set of Nikon 10x35 EII in mint condition for $100.

This year I got a pair of Nikon 8x32 SE, in mint condition for $350.

Late 90's I got a pair of Pentax 8x42 DCF WP for $150.

Got a mint condition Hendsolt Wetzlar 6x30 set for $70.

Recently scored a set of Nikon 10x35 EII in mint condition for $100.

This year I got a pair of Nikon 8x32 SE, in mint condition for $350.

Late 90's I got a pair of Pentax 8x42 DCF WP for $150.

Got a mint condition Hendsolt Wetzlar 6x30 set for $70.

Could you send me a picture of your belly so I could rub it for good luck? ;)

Damn, you stepped in it with that EII. The SE was also a good price, but if it's an old one, the coatings won't be as good as the latest version.

Where did you get these deals, Luke? A pawn shop?

Slow Hand Brock

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back