• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Live Cornell Lab Panama webcam: Canopy Lodge (1 Viewer)

I noticed that about 300 people were watching it just now. Quite impressive. I enjoy the Ontario one from time t time as well. Does anyone have any other recommended live bird web cams - the links in that section of Birdforum seem to be mostly rather old.

Had rufous motmot a couple of days ago, but I get a bit fed up with the endless thrushes/squirrels.
The Ontario one get's some high quality - pine and evening grosbeaks regular. Sapsucker woods has good variety but none of it very exciting.

Rob

Someone spotted one I've never heard of (in Panama):
Cheryl Ann Kingston @Saidhbhin74

@PanamaFeederCam 16:51, 2/09 Another first for me at Canopy Lodge in Panama! A Cocoa Woodcreeper! I've seen so many amazing birds, squirrels, butterflies and other critters on the Panama Fruit Feeders Camera! https://youtu.be/PkQinwTlWq8

Big butterfly!
And now joined by a second one (with very exaggerated-shaped wings).

Attachments

• butterfly.png
    butterfly.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 2 butterflies.png
    2 butterflies.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Just had a couple (or two visits by the same one).

Saw these too at the weekend - great looking birds, and thanks for confirming ID, as they are not in the 'common birds of the Panama fruit feeder' guide which Cornell Lab have also put on YouTube.

There was for me unfamiliar bird some 30 minutes ago - the same Red-Crowned Ant Tanager that has already been seen or something else?

EDIT: A bit later there was a bird what certainly looks like a female Red-Crowned Ant Tanager (2nd picture)

Attachments

• Panama_birdcam_05.JPG
    Panama_birdcam_05.JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Panama_birdcam_06.JPG
    Panama_birdcam_06.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
There was for me unfamiliar bird some 30 minutes ago - the same Red-Crowned Ant Tanager that has already been seen or something else?

EDIT: A bit later there was a bird what certainly looks like a female Red-Crowned Ant Tanager (2nd picture)

Agree with your IDs, very nice.

Also, at 18:22:35 (Panama/webcam time) there was apparently a Rufous-tailed Hummingbird feeding on the purple flowers on the background (you can still scroll back and see it for about 3.5 hours more from now).

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back