• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Live Cornell Lab Panama webcam: Canopy Lodge (1 Viewer)

Thanks, Rafael!

Oooooh, the envy! Can I get the camera to come and do my job for a while, and I'll just sit there and do its job?

Just now watching a euphonia coming in to feed next to the thrush, and that tanager with the yellow rump (can never remember what its name is...) What a great site for a "big sit"!

It's an amazing show isn't it?
I think the yellow rumped tanager is a Flame-rumped Tanager and Crimson-backed Tanagers have been around too!

What woodpecker is this? Don't know much about birds of Central America o:) Golden-Fronted Woodpecker female?

EDIT: Ok, looks like range doesn't fit. I guess it should be Red-Crowned Woodpecker female than!

Attachments

• Panama_birdcam_01.JPG
    Panama_birdcam_01.JPG
    438.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
What woodpecker is this? Don't know much about birds of Central America o:) Golden-Fronted Woodpecker female?

EDIT: Ok, looks like range doesn't fit. I guess it should be Red-Crowned Woodpecker female than!

Yes, female Red-crowned, and that's what I meant when wrote above Golden-naped! :) :t: Lapsus calami! o:) I'll edit the post.

Very envious, can't believe it's almost a year since we were in Costa Rica

A

I'm dreaming about a 2 months trip next year through Costa Rica and Panama (on a shoe string!), but still not sure I'll be able to do it (time and family constraints mainly...). I'm still going to plan it in detail though, it's just lots of fun! :)B :)

I'm dreaming about a 2 months trip next year through Costa Rica and Panama (on a shoe string!), but still not sure I'll be able to do it (time and family constraints mainly...). I'm still going to plan it in detail though, it's just lots of fun! :)B :)

Happy to mail you my report from CR if you pm an e-mail?

We didn't do it particularly cheaply but we didn't throw money around either, it is a pricey country.

A

Well, that's my lunch hour over very quickly - totally addictive, and I've learned that the strange looking cross between a pheasant and a cuckoo is a Chachalacha! (thanks to the handy Cornell Lab ID guide on the same Youtube page)

I spent ages looking at the clay colored thrushes, as today they all appeared to have a reddish hue to the chest, and I eventually pulled my Caribbean guides to check, as I knew them as buff breasted.
Great camera though

Palm Tanager is a new Addition.
Species to add from yesterday include:
- Dusky-faced Tanager
- Buff-throated Saltator
(also saw Palm Tanager yesterday, and they were present today as well)

and a Parulid warbler was present for a short while, unfortunately at a time I could't pay attention to it... Unexpected species make it even more interesting :)

Thanks for the ID on the Dusky-faced Tanager. Saw it as well but couldnt find it yet.

So Summarizing this forum has seen and IDed (live):

Grey-headed Chachalacas
Red-Crowned Woodpecker
Rufous Motmot
Clay-coloured Thrushes
Buff-throated Saltator
Palm Tanager
Crimson-backed Tanager
Lemon-rumped Tanager
Blue-grey Tanager
Dusky-faced Tanager
Thick-billed Euphonia

Green Honeycreeper
Chestnut-headed oropendola
Collared Aracari

Will keep it updated.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back