• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Twyford Gravel Pits (3 Viewers)

alan_rymer

United Kingdom
A group of 7 old Gravel pits alongside the River Loddon.
Meadows Grazed by Ponies and some Woodland and hedging
Greater Spotted and Green Woodpecker, Pied and Grey Wagtails with occaisional Yellow. Kingfisher, All the usual Warblers etc.
Winter: A great variety of Water Birds including regular Smew on one of the pits.
No official Car Parking, but there is room in Park Lane.
By the Lands End Pub nr Charvil ( Next to the ford through the Old River Loddon )
Waggon & Horses nr Twyford.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Wraysbury Gravel Pits

alan_rymer said:
A group of 7 old Gravel pits alongside the River Loddon.
Meadows Grazed by Ponies and some Woodland and hedging
Greater Spotted and Green Woodpecker, Pied and Grey Wagtails with occaisional Yellow. Kingfisher, All the usual Warblers etc.
Winter: A great variety of Water Birds including regular Smew on one of the pits.
No official Car Parking, but there is room in Park Lane.
By the Lands End Pub nr Charvil ( Next to the ford through the Old River Loddon )
Waggon & Horses nr Twyford.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Alan,

Just joined the forum today. Am in search of information about Wraysbury Gravel Pits. I'll be passing through London on my way to and from Tenerife and hope to spend a day at Wraysbury on June 6. I'll make my way to the Wraysbury rail station.

I have an idea of birds that might be found in the scrub, for example, Garden Warbler, Blackcap.

Also, the area seems a bit isolated and I was wondering if there are usually enough other people at this site on most days. (I'll be going there on my own.)

Thanks so much.

Maria

BirderMaria said:
Alan,

Just joined the forum today. Am in search of information about Wraysbury Gravel Pits. I'll be passing through London on my way to and from Tenerife and hope to spend a day at Wraysbury on June 6. I'll make my way to the Wraysbury rail station.

I have an idea of birds that might be found in the scrub, for example, Garden Warbler, Blackcap.

Also, the area seems a bit isolated and I was wondering if there are usually enough other people at this site on most days. (I'll be going there on my own.)

Thanks so much.

Maria
Maria

Sorry, I do not know this area, never visited them!.
I would suggest you open a new thread titled "Info on Wraysbury GP please".
HTH

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back