• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I'm thinking of ? and confirmation of... (1 Viewer)

KenM

Some shots taken during the last 12 days in Portland, Oregon, and a Happy New Year to all...Image 1. 1st Winter Audubon's Warbler?..2.House Finch?..3.Lesser and American Goldfinch?..4.I know what this is (thought it's image capture looked unusual?)..5.This is a Bewick's Wren..my previous two (not on this trip) were (just about) seen in deep cover..an extrovert example? or par for the course?

Attachments

• DSC05151.JPG
    DSC05151.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC05203.jpg
    DSC05203.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC05232.jpg
    DSC05232.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC05239.jpg
    DSC05239.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC05240.jpg
    DSC05240.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 68
1. Yellow-rumped Warbler? Could be but hard to be sure from the photo.
2. House Finch
3. Lesser Goldfinch (both)
4. Don't know. I sure hope you're not going to keep us in suspense. ;)
5. Bewick's Wren. Par for the course, I would say; it's not all that unusual for Bewick's Wrens to come out into the open.

Last edited:
In #3, both are Lesser Goldfinches (note the green back and white flash just visible on the folded wing).

#5 is indeed a Bewick's... par for the course if there's food around.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back