• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What Grouse...? Lunt Meadows Nature Reserve, Lunt, near Crosby UK (1 Viewer)

Taken at Lunt Meadows Nature Reserve, Lunt, near Crosby UK today.

There were about seven of these little fellows that I came across who all ran away except for this one who hunkered down - I gently took the photo before quietly stepping forward before he fled after being alerted by his mother who flew by at tremendous speed making such a racket - so quickly that I couldn't make a true identification!

So what Grouse is it?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• what-grouse.jpg
    what-grouse.jpg
    755.6 KB · Views: 225
Didn't think about a Partridge.

A guy who walked by told me it was a Grouse, but maybe he was wrong.

I looked up a juvenile Grouse and it seemed similar.

Thanks for your help :)

Grey partridge, yes. Scapular pattern is typical, with more or less developed "croix de Lorraine" depending on sex and age

There are no grouse at Lunt only Partridge and pheasant, probably the nearest place to Lunt for grouse would be the West Lancashire moors.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back