• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panjin, Liaoning, China - Gull (1 Viewer)

Owen Krout

United States
Gulls I admit to still struggling with. I don't get enough exposure to them to be competent yet. This was quite a bit smaller than the Mongolian Gull who were nearby and the very pale legs and black bill stand out. The pattern looks to me to be a young, possibly first winter bird. It was eating what appeared to be a White Wagtail and even the big Mongolians were giving it it's space. A couple approached once and quickly retreated when it took a couple of steps towards them.

Attachments

• NT4A8459 (1).jpg
    NT4A8459 (1).jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 22
  • NT4A8460.jpg
    NT4A8460.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 33
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back