• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trittiford mill pond and the dingles bird sightings (1 Viewer)

So after the Kingfisher fledglings yesterday there was no sight of them today. They say the adults lead them away from the nest area with food. There was one Kingfisher along the River Cole with Nuthatch & then a Goldcrest. Swift over Trittiford pool.

Kingfisher Friday, Saturday and today.
Swallows over the pool in the rain.
A surprise crayfish in the river, the first I've ever seen, it crawled past lol (funny then I saw one in a canal in Surrey when visiting friends).

Last edited:
Back from Essex where there I've found more nesting Kingfisher.
At Trittiford it was quiet. Then some Swifts & a Buzzard overhead. Then a Nuthatch. Two Robins starting singing. A bit too sweetly lol. Then finally the call of a Kingfisher.

Last edited:
Sunday on the River Cole, Trittiford. I guess I should not have been surprised when a couple Kingfisher went past & one of them stopped opposite me. Juvenile I assume. Then there was a third one. Great!

Friday there was a Nuthatch on a dead tree by Trittiford pool, that stayed motionless hanging on the the side of the tree. It was funny. In the end it flew off. I think it could hear another calling.
There are Nuthatch all along the River Cole. I heard 4.
The Kingfisher was on the River Cole both yesterday and today. Today it was calling to its partner, back and forth.

At the River Cole, Trittiford, it's getting quieter on the Kingfisher front. Difficult to tell if a pair are still active. The Kingfisher flew past yesterday and today. Friday was best when it stopped a couple times to do some fishing.

Single Kingfisher on the River Cole near Trittiford this morning.
It gave a single call and then came back. Then it called later and saw me and went off into the trees.
Then it crossed under the bridge.
(They seem to be still active, yesterday and today)

The Kingfisher still busy along the River Cole at Trittiford.
A Buzzard, Little Egret and Jays overhead.
Nuthatch feeding nearby.

The Kingfisher on the River Cole at Trittiford was still quite active this morning but I don't think it had any fish.
I think I might have missed the latest fledglings.
Still good to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back