• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds in Famous locations (1 Viewer)

Trystan

Got the idea from a couple of photos I took on my last trip.

My hope is that other people will have similar shots to share and keep the thread running as there is a bit of a lack of quizzing here these days.

Anyway, here are two photos. In the first, can you ID the species and the famous landmark?

In the second, you might guess the species but can you find it in the photograph. The location is harder but the first picture may give you a clue.

Attachments

• Q1.JPG
    Q1.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 413
  • Q2.JPG
    Q2.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 350
Egyptian Goose, Atomium, Brussel/Bruxelles.
Peregrine? (in the top "window"), Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk, Brugge.

Sadly, most of my pictures are either/or... but I've attached one which combines bird and famous site.

Attachments

• Site.jpg
    Site.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Spot on and impressively quick too.

The closest thing I have to a reveal on the Peregrine is attached.

For yours I am guessing shags on the white cliffs of Dover?

Attachments

• peregrine.JPG
    peregrine.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 290
No: different bird and different (and in my opinion more impressive) white cliffs.
Though it's possibly an infamous landmark rather than a famous one.

I photographed this Ocellated Turkey on Yavin IV back in 2007. o:D

James

Attachments

• Ocellated_Turkey2[1].jpg
    Ocellated_Turkey2[1].jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 219
Feral Pigeon and A. N. Other (which I can't even find!). Somewhere in Greece?

-------------------------------------

Here's a nice easy one :t: name the bird and what they're on.

Attachments

• Picture 203a.jpg
    Picture 203a.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 255
Feral Pigeon and A. N. Other (which I can't even find!). Somewhere in Greece?

-------------------------------------

Here's a nice easy one :t: name the bird and what they're on.

If there is a feral pigeon around it's incidental, not the species I'm looking for although I appreciate that this is quite tough, I have some 'better' pics which give them away I'll post later if nobody else responds.

If there is a feral pigeon around it's incidental, not the species I'm looking for although I appreciate that this is quite tough, I have some 'better' pics which give them away I'll post later if nobody else responds.
What I think are Feral Pigeons, ringed in red below. Possibly another bird, ringed in green?

From your location, I'll go for Kittiwakes on the Tyne bridge
Yep! :t: Knew it'd be easy!

Attachments

• 00003.jpg
    00003.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 211
What I think are Feral Pigeons, ringed in red below. Possibly another bird, ringed in green?

Yep! :t: Knew it'd be easy!

Ok, I had a look at your top red ring on my larger photos and you are right, there's a flock of Feral pigeon up there I'd obviously blotted out so if this was for points then 1 to you!

Your green ring is just a crack in the stonework but your right hand red ring is one of the birds you're trying to find, the other is somewhat more obvious here.

Attachments

• reveal.jpg
    reveal.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 224
Lesser Kestrel perhaps for the bird at the foot of the statue (new pic; it's invisible in the first pic!!). And is the right hand bird perhaps blue enough to be a Roller, rather than just another Feral Pigeon?

Lesser kestrel indeed, which may help with the country if not the city.

The bird was visible in the original with zoom but unfortunately reducing the size to post on here took away too many pixels.

The other bird is neither a rock thrush nor a roller. I'll post the reveal shot when I get home this evening.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back