• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to fix loose hinge? (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
I have a Greenring 6x30 model that I really cherish. Just compared it in twilight to a roof 8x32 Zeiss FL, and the Leupold actually was brighter and looked sharper. Though at 6x vs 8x, there was a clear advantage of course. It also has a very comfortable feel thanks to the rounded smooth body.

Meanwhile, the hinge has loosened up a bit more that I prefer. So how can I tighten it without damaging the still pristine-looking body? I presume I'd need to remove the end lids to the hinge. But both seem to have been glued in? Any ideas how I could get them off anyway would be appreciated.

These should be the same as our Savanna WP which means, as you've said, the end caps are glued in place. Our service technician says you just have to carefully prise the cap off the far end (nearest to the objective lenses) to reveal a bolt head which can then be tightened.

Cheers, Pete

These should be the same as our Savanna WP which means, as you've said, the end caps are glued in place. Our service technician says you just have to carefully prise the cap off the far end (nearest to the objective lenses) to reveal a bolt head which can then be tightened.

Cheers, Pete

Thank you so much, Pete! Really appreciate your help. At least I know now how to procede.

Cheers, Pete

Unfortunately, there is sufficient glue that had seeped into the cracks that the screw/bolt would not budge.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back