• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Germany, (1 Viewer)

sibirjak

First Hello and first special fotos,

I‘ve been birdwatching for decades, with a particular focus on shorebirds. I would like to share these very interesting fotos which I took several days ago at the coast of the Baltic Sea.

I have never seen a Wood Sandpiper that looked like this or any other shorebird species with this type of mutation.

Are there any fotos showing something similar or any links?

Regards
Sibirjak

Sorry for Manage Attachments button didnt work. Help?

Ps. I uploaded my two fotos to ´Albinos....´

Last edited:
Hi Sibirjak and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sorry you couldn't get your pictures to upload, this is probably due to the pictures being too large, so here are a few ideas for you:

Re-sizing Pictures:

After you've done any other work on your pic (always a copy mind ) and cropped away any part of the picture you don't want, you can then re-size it. But don't crop to get the file size you want.

How you actually do it depends on what programs you have.

In Windows 7 you can right click on the image and there's an option to re-size (choose the smallest 800x600 - you can go bigger 1032 on the longest side I think, but Windows doesn't give you that option!). Adobe Photoshop: you have a better choice there, in the Image menu: Resize, you can actually choose the size you want, and the quality... always select medium.

Window 8: Right click on the image and select Edit from the drop down. Then select Image from the menu in the Paint programme that opens. You can then type in the number of pixels for the longest side. I usually choose 900 but you can go up to 1032.

I use Paint.net (free) for basic editing. Then select Image > Resize. Type in 900 in the highlighted box and save. Then Save As (new name).

Alternatively you could download the free program called Picassa.

If you use a Mac, this page shows you how to do it: http://www.howtogeek.com/201638/use-your-macs-preview-app-to-crop-resize-rotate-and-edit-images/

I hope one of these ideas work for you. If not, try posting in the Computer subforum - I'm sure someone will have more suggestions for you. There's loads of methods depending what software you have.

You could have a look in our Gallery to see if any images there match what you have seen. If you follow this link to our Opus article about the Wood Sandpiper, then scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see a link to view more pictures in the Gallery.

Thanks to all for warm welcom.
Many thanks Delia for helping text. The button dosnt react at all. I am using an iPad might this be the problem?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I use an iPad and the manage attachment button works for me.

Thanks to all for warm welcom.
Many thanks Delia for helping text. The button dosnt react at all. I am using an iPad might this be the problem?

I haven't heard of anyone having this problem before Sibirjak, but who knows LOL

Here is a direct link to the Wood Sandpiper pictures in the Gallery: https://www.birdforum.net/gallery/search.php?searchid=361809

I managed uploading to ´Albinos....´

I'm sorry, I don't understand this post?

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back