• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Only 47 States To Go (1 Viewer)

Steve

Staff member
United Kingdom
Well the first three states are up albiet with very little Information about birding in them!!:eek!:

Only 47 to go!!! Come on US citizens Where do you Bird in your State???????????????B :)

Arnel just start a new thread called California and post it in here then we will create the sub forum for it and move it across for you

Thnx

steve

Sorry, I didn't see this thread until just this morning! Too big a website, too many threads to follow!

I just posted some links for Arizona birding. I'll continue to add to this information as I get the time, but the URLs I posted are the best resources of information on AZ birding, especially for people who're planning trips.

Unfortunately, only having lived here a couple years from a lifetime in southern California (just posted a note to your CA thread!), I'm not as familiar yet as I soon will be! These URLs, though, are a great start.

Do you guys want us to post state species lists in these messages, or just trip reports from various areas?

Katy

Last edited:
Hi Katy,

There don't seem to be any rules as to what to post here,
other than it must contain information about your state.
I've been posting trip reports as well as info, just because
I think people visiting from out of state might be interested
in looking at trip reports, as well. But...it's your call!

:)

Arnel Guanlao

Hey, Steve, as soon as you can move this AZ thread into its own sub-forum, I can add more specific threads under it, rather than just keep replying under the generic "Arizona" thread name. Not that you don't have anything better to do...!

Thanks a bunch. This is a great service to offer this kind of space on the forum for individual states. I know it'll enhance my own US traveling by orders of magnitude!

Katy

I just found this website today and will be posting some Missouri, USA tidbits from time to time, as I become more familiar with the scope and formats of this website. I live in Saint Joseph, Missouri, USA. Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge is one half hour's drive north of Saint Joseph. It is a "sometimes" spectacular birding area. Being located in the middle of the USA it is on the Mississippi Flyway for migrating waterfowl, waders, shorebirds and, of course, neotropical song birds. As an example of birds to be seen are the migrating lesser Snow Geese which can number 500,000 at the above mentioned refuge. One day last winter (2002) a high count of 476 Bald Eagles were counted on the refuge. The midwestern portions of the USA are experiencing their second year of dought, so the shorebird migration is not as good as it could be. More information later. Good bye for now!

Larry Lade

Hi Larry,

I think Steve would want you to create a thread, so he can use it to create the forum later. (See the messages of 12 June above.) He'll eventually get around to it. He seems to wait until a few threads for different states before he creates the forum.

Speaking of which....where are the Florida and New Jersey birders?!?? Great states for birding, and yet no one's stepped up to the plate yet!!!

- Arnel Guanlao

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back