• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ES80ED to Canon A95 (1 Viewer)

SteveC

I've been looking at the best way to connect my camera to my scope and so far the lensmate 37mm adapter connected to an Eagleye L5 scope connector seems the best bet.

Is this a good setup or is there something better ?

Does anyone else have this scope/camera combination and what do they use ?

I've tried handheld and although my results arn't to bad its very hit and miss at the moment.

Steve

I use the ES80GA woth the old HDF Zoom with roll down eyecups. I remove the eyecup when using the sadapter.

I use the Lensmate with 37mm thread, to an LCE adapter. I have removed two of the screws and use only one. The zoom is not usable with the adapter mounted ( unless I rotate the camera too ). It works fine for me.
I also have the Kyocera SL400r with the the filter adapter and a 28-37mm stepup to allow me to also use this camera on the LCE, also can use my Sony camcorder ( PC109 ) with an SRB 25-37mm stepup on the LCE adapter.
The Lensmate also allows an x2 converter lens to be used on the A95 allowing me to go to x6 optical on the A95 ( Its an awful lot to carry arounf though! ).

Attachments

• tn_KIF_0098.JPG
    tn_KIF_0098.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 247
  • tn_KIF_0103.JPG
    tn_KIF_0103.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 265
  • tn_KIF_0105.JPG
    tn_KIF_0105.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 271
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back