• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

When you install the Swarovski head rest should you hear a click? (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

Supporter
When you install the Swarovski head rest on the new NL binoculars should you hear a click as the instructions say or do you just push it on until it appears tight? I pushed mine on firmly but I don't really hear a "click". I think the little o-rings just hold it on with a friction fit.

Last edited:
Your question reminded me of a quantum physics dilemma:
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Peter, it is possible that Dennis's headrest is quantum entangled with another and will not click until the other one does.

Lee

I noticed no click when fitting mine despite what it said on the instructions, however, it was clearly going to move no further!

I tried and pushed too hard so the bin fell on the ground. The sound of that could be described as a click.
Does that count?
Looking through it, I now have a double image so now I have two NL's for the price of one.
Thanks Dennis.

Jan

Last edited:
I tried and pushed too hard so the bin fell on the ground. The sound of that could be described as a click.
Does that count?
Looking through it, I now have a double image so now I have two NL's for the price of one.
Thanks Dennis.

Jan

This is in jest surely, at least I hope it is for your sake.
A more useful sound that could be described as a click would be the sound of the headrest being tossed into the bin.
Maybe Zeiss can come out with an attachment that adds a plastic nose and Groucho Marx moustache to your face when you sport an SF. A noserest?

This is in jest surely, at least I hope it is for your sake.
A more useful sound that could be described as a click would be the sound of the headrest being tossed into the bin.
Maybe Zeiss can come out with an attachment that adds a plastic nose and Groucho Marx moustache to your face when you sport an SF. A noserest?

LOL, but what in Pinokio's case?

I noticed no click when fitting mine despite what it said on the instructions, however, it was clearly going to move no further!
Thanks. That is what I found. No click. The head rest is a well engineered piece and matches the binocular perfectly and it is very light at 1/2 oz. and smaller than I thought but on my NL 8x42 it really didn't help.

I thought that was a philosophical question. I remember discussing that in Philosophy Class. We decided it does make a sound. Just because nobody is there to verify it doesn't mean it is isn't true.

Last edited:
When you install the Swarovski head rest on the new NL binoculars should you hear a click as the instructions say or do you just push it on until it appears tight? I pushed mine on firmly but I don't really hear a "click". I think the little o-rings just hold it on with a friction fit.

when I put it on, there was no clicking.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back